Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The Gallery

While their companions slept;
great men who toiled towards upto night
those who defeated the destiny
those who dared to fight

men in blood and flesh
men with just two hands
they built castles competing skies
extracted gold out of deserted sands

I walked upon the long gallery;
watching portraits one by one
Hero's of the past resting on the wall
reflecting all that they had done

Shakespeare looked and said
"Become like me"
And solve the question'
of to be' or 'not to be'.

"Become like me"
Mr Einstein whispered
Think beyond times
Explore mystries of the world

"start from where you are";
Gorge W Carver called out my name
find happiness in being helpful to the world
before adding fortune to fame

Watch the dawn,the flowers;the rain
Appreciate the glory of the 'Being'
Celebrate every moment with knowledge 'n art
Said Gurudev Tagore; smiling

Peeping in the next frame
Suddenly I gazed at my own face
The mirror told me to be 'Myself'
My head arose and I walked out with grace!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pradnya!

I liked this poem very much. The concept has been built very nicely, and the end is touching. :-)
Truly, you have a talent here. Preserve it.

Cheers,
Prasanna

2:37 AM  
Blogger Gandharvausa said...

Hi Pradnya!

Your approach of writing poetry manifests in 3-dimensional planes (spritual, philosphy, and scientific), and the end is VIBRATING FOR ...AND touching.keep it up.
Ajay

Dr. Ajay Kumar Poddar
BJ, USA


)sprI liked this poem very much. The concept has been built very nicely, :-)
Truly, you have a talent here. Preserve

7:09 AM  
Blogger Mayank said...

Nice one madame... Loved the mirror bit! :) Wonder why I have been advised otherwise so often! ;)

The earlier paras cud be better yet but considering u wrote it 3 yrs back - good one! :)

One advice - Keep writing instead of recycling!!! :D

7:01 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Diwali Gifts
Karwa Chauth Gifts
Birthday Gifts

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home