Friday, February 09, 2007

Do you know why?

Tied amidst mesh of networks
Yet so disconnected
Thoroughly Unaffected
In spite catastrophes;
I don’t cry

Some to question some to answer
My inbox always full of mails
Yet my message always fails
To convey what I feel;
I only lie

The warmth of my soil
My domestic bliss
The extent that I miss
Breathing this freezing air;
all dry

Numbers are the only gains
But I’ve surely lost
At unrecoverable cost
My gentle kindred…
so precious.. so shy

For my people no more wait
That I’ll come home by dinner
The bonds stretch thinner
With every occasion;
as times fly

Ipods and CDs and bulky water bed
But; where is my music; what’s sound sleep?
Senses crave but heartbeats weep
When dreams come true
but passions die

Chasing some shallow dreams
Cocktail circuits and Schedules so busy
Pensive minds and Lives so empty
We continue pretending to live…
do you know why?

--- Pradnya Joshi
9 February 2007