Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Never...

Never have I let my head rest
On any stranger's shoulders
Never let my aching soul seek solace
In any unknown arms
Never sold my respect and in return
Begotten sympathy
Never lured any innocent self
Misusing my charms

Never have I hurt a loved one with intent
Never retorted with unwarranted contempt
Never cast a stone in a serene placid lake
In undeserved fortune I've never claimed stake

I have travelled alone with my baggage on my back
No matter how tired, never have I switched my track
But in the surge of walk I have come so very far
On cold sleepless nights all I have is my twinkle star

I have danced all learned steps
But never have I felt the pulse of Jive
I have read and heard all melodious verses
But never has the music come alive

Never has my hand been gently held
Never have my hair been passionately smelled
Never have my heartbeats been closely felt
Never in love my resolves could melt

Yet

Never will I lose my faith in the Good
Never will I choose "want" over "should"
Never can the loneliness take away my Lord
Never can the silence mute my divine chord

I shall keep singing my song to the world
With cruel winds I shall fight like a bird
Gulp down my sorrows Put my smile back on
Never will my nights not await a new dawn

~ me

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Most heartfelt feelings... something worth another read and another... and another :)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Diwali Gifts
Karwa Chauth Gifts
Birthday Gifts

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home